Saturday, February 25, 2012

Meat Loaf Recipe (compliments of MIL)

Yeah, I'm sure everyone has their own recipe, but this one deserves a try - it's so tasty!  I got it from my MIL - it is my go to recipe for meatloaf!


1  Egg

1 tsp.  Poultry Seasoning (*this is what MAKES the recipe)

1/4 Cup  Minced Onion

2-3 Lbs  Hamburger

1 Cup  Milk

dash  Pepper

4 Cups  Rice Krispies - Crushed

1 - 8 oz  Mozzarella Cheese Shredded and/or Mozzarella sticks ripped into half put down the center in middle of meat)

Ketchup

(*Original recipe called for 2 tsp. Salt - I omit - I feel the Poultry Seasoning and cheese have plenty of salt)


Mix together except for cereal and cheese

Add cereal and cheese - mix by hand.  If you are just using the mozzarella sticks - put half (or a quarter if you're doing two loaves) mix in the pan, put the mozz sticks in, then cover with the rest of the mix.  Another cool idea, put in muffin tin pans.  Then you have individual servings that can be frozen and reheated as necessary.

Bake 350 degrees.  One big loaf for 1-1/2 to 2 hours Uncovered, or split into two loaves for 1 hour each (I freeze the second one usually - or cook both both this way if I'm pressed for time which is almost always...)  If you are using muffin tins, bake for about 45 mins.  All meat should be cooked to appropriate temps - remember carry over times (but that's another page;))
Baste ketchup on top after baked, and broil till it just starts to brown.
Not my own pic (coming the next time I make one I'll switch it) - thx Food is a Blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment