Tuesday, May 8, 2012

5 Week Challange: Week 1, Day 2

As I posted a few days ago, I've decided to start a 5 Week Challenge.  The 5 areas of Discipline are: Body, Mind, Spirit, Time and Work.  The first week is Body, 'cause my body's improving but we're still trying to go from "Old and Busted to New Hotness"

It's been a good two days of my 5 week challenge.  Yes, it's only been two days, BUT, I've had a small change in mind set after only these two days because of something I read on Women Living Well

Elizabeth Elliot wrote: “Discipline, for a Christian, begins with the body. We have only one. It is this body that is the primary material given to us for sacrifice. If we didn’t have this, we wouldn’t have anything. We are meant to present it, offer it up, give it unconditionally to God for His purposes. This we are told is a “spiritual act of worship.” (Romans 12:1)


Yesterday I had a good work out in the morning - I lifted (whole body) and did 20 minutes of cardio after.  Then I spent about 6 hours weeding my garden.  Weeding is not the most strenuous thing I realize, but after lifting my muscles definitely felt the extra challenge I gave them yesterday.  I was T-I-R-E-D when I finally called it quits yesterday to come in and shower and feed the fam.  When I went to bed last night, I briefly contemplated skipping my work out this morning since I had done so much yesterday.  But the thought that my body is a gift from God spoke to me.  So I got up and did my thing this morning.  And I'm glad I did.  Especially since I won't make it to the gym tomorrow and possible Thursday (DD is out of town working).

Today will be an easier day for me.  It's going to rain off and on today so I've pretty much written off going outside to weed or otherwise (sorry kids).  I've got laundry to fold that will get done today, and some reading I have to do for my women's bible study tomorrow morning.  Maybe I'll even vacuum and clean the bathrooms since I'll be busy tomorrow morning and then it's going to be nice tomorrow and Thursday (I don't stay in and clean when it's gorgeous outside - that's just crazy talk). 

So with that in mind, I better answer some emails and get off my computer :) 

Have a great day everyone!


Thanks!



1 comment:

  1. Way to go with working out this morning! I can totally relate; sometimes it is a matter of talking myself into it. But when I do, I just feel better and have more energy for the rest of the day...I like to think it's my body's way of saying "Thanks!"

    ReplyDelete