Monday, February 13, 2012

Cumin, my new best friend!

So recently I've become a member of Pinterest and have found so many yummy recipes lately.  And I have found a new love of cilantro and black beans (which I never used to like - I credit Thing Two for changing my taste for these), and along with cumin, avacado (sometimes), lime and anything Mexican flavored.  Last night I made Crockpot Salsa Chicken with Cilantro Lime Rice - yum!  Not quite as good as Chipotle, but a great first start for sure!

So this isn't mine (didn't get a picture taken, and I made wraps).  Two quick recipes to make.
Crockpot Salsa Chicken Tacos
Throw in a crockpot for 2-4 hours (mine cooks hot and fast)
*2 Large chicken breasts
*1 Jar Salsa
*1 Package Taco Seasoning
*1/2 can black beans
Shred after cooking, before serving.

Cilantro Lime Rice
*2 Cups Rice (I had some brown long grain pre-cooked and frozen that I used)
*1 Tbls Oil of your choice (I used safflower)
*3 Tbls of chopped Cilantro
*2 Tbls Lime Juice
*~ 3/4 Cup Corn

I threw the chicken and rice on a wrap with a little low-fat sour cream, tomato, lettuce, and a bit of chedder cheese.  YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment