Friday, March 9, 2012

Whines and Thankfulness


     Today's post is brought to you by the letter C for "cold", as in the cold my lovelies have given me.  I have been battling this cold since Saturday-ish, and thought I was on the uptick till I woke up this morning.  I had even set my alarm to get up and go to the gym this morning. 

     Yeah, that didn't happen.  I woke up feeling like a truck hit me.  Shut off my alarm and went back to sleep (thankfully).  Woke back up an hour later with the kids, made DD his breakfast sandwich, poured some Honey Nut Cheerios for the rest of us, then plopped down on the couch.  (I set up my little nest before I plopped).

     So here's my whine.  I am SO TIRED OF GETTING SICK FROM MY KIDS.  I feel like I have been sick more than I have been healthy this winter.  I thought my secret weapon of drinking Emergen-C every day would help me fend off the germies like it seemed to last year.  Yeah, either it was a happy stroke of luck and coincidence, or they're making it different this year.  Is it possible that I seems to have these lovely colds longer than my children do???  I swear it feels like I do.  Every cold I get seems to sign a long term lease with my sinuses.  I feel better than I did earlier this morning, but if I move around too much, I get that overwhelming I feel like yuck feeling.

    I was supposed to get the house clean today.   I had talked about lunch with a friend.  This cold did not get my memo apparently.

     OK, now my list of Thankfulness.  
  • I am thankful my job allows me to still be in my jammies.
  • I am thankful no one in this house cares they are still in their jammies.
  • I am thankful I save back toys after each Christmas and bdays to pull out on days like today (thanks sis - the block/crayons are a big hit with both of them!).
  • I am thankful my kids play together so well.
  • I am thankful for my humidifier and liquid Vicks (generic of course)
  • I am thankful I have leftovers both for lunch and for dinner tonight.
  • I am thankful it will be nap time soon enough.
  • I am thankful for PBS and Disney Jr.
  • I am thankful for the time to (hopefully) work on my Sunday Evenings at Grace stuff and/or read some.

No comments:

Post a Comment